Innovative Research Group (INNOVATIVE) was commissioned by the Wine Council of Ontario (WCO) to conduct the 2014 WCO Visitor Survey.
The intercept survey was designed to determine the make-up and behaviour of visitors to Ontario wineries and included the following topics:
- Segmentation: age, gender, origin, lifestyle
- Wine Habits and Attitudes: general purchasing habits of visitors
- Winery Experience: specifics on attendance, transportation and activities
- Planning: time to plan, method and way-finding
- Wine Country Experience: endorsement and likelihood to return
The OCW leads the growth and profitability of Ontario’s respected VQA wine sector – through strategic partnership and authoritative trusted advocacy. As a non-profit trade association, the OCW represents over 100 wineries from across the three designated viticultural areas of the province (Niagara, Prince Edward County and Lake Erie North Shore – including Pelee Island) as well as emerging wine producing regions such as Ontario’s South Coast and Georgian Bay/Grey County. OCW members are independently owned small and medium sized businesses – grape growers, manufacturers and leaders in tourism in their communities. Our members are the future of Ontario’s wine industry which is a source of new investment, jobs and award-winning wines.